The Samburu game reserve is an expanse semi-arid land found in the Northern part of Kenya. It derives its name from the nomadic Samburu people who live in the area. The main source of water is the Uaso Nyiro River where the wildlife gather at the banks for water and pasture. It has unique animals like Beisa onyx, the reticulated giraffe, the long necked Gerenuk and the Grevy zebras. The predators like lions, leopards, cheetahs and occasionally hunting dogs always spice up the safari while hunting or lazing under trees. Other animals include; elephants, hippos, rhinos, and crocodiles in the river. There are variety of birds like the Palm Nut Vultures, guinea fowl, marabous and ostriches.
DAY 1; Nairobi- Samburu Game Reserve
Drive from Nairobi very early in the morning to the remote Samburu. It is a simply breath taking landscape, an arid savannahs with green thorny bushes that giraffes nimble on. A drive through the reserve seeing different kinds of wild animals leads to the Uaso Nyiro River, where herders from the Samburu bring their cattle, sheep and goats to drink water. The co-existent between the Samburu people and wildlife is remarkable. We later have dinner at one of the camps at the river banks; Larsen’s Tented Camp, Samburu Intrepids Camp or Samburu Serena lodge.
Day 2; Samburu – Nairobi
After breakfast we leave Samburu for Nairobi. Though this can be combined with another safari to the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, a hike to Africa’s highest peaks; Mount Kenya or Kilimanjaro, or any other adventure of your choice in Kenya or East Africa
The package Includes;
- Ground transport in a comfortable safari vehicle for game viewing, photography and touring
- Full board accommodation, meal plan while on the safari
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- All game drives as will be detailed in the itinerary
- Clean distilled water to drink on the Safari.
- Start and end of Safari in Nairobi.
- 2 Airport Transfers between the airport and your hotel in Nairobi
The package Excludes;
- International flights from home and back
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Money for tips
- Soft drinks or alcoholic drinks
- Other personal items